Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween and such things...

Mostly our lives around here consist of waiting for a baby to come.  I've decided to stop getting excited every time I feel the tiniest cramp because it usually just ends up being gas anyway.  I'm going to just plan on living life normal and if he comes, he comes.  And from what I'm told all babies do tend to come eventually, although I have my doubts. 

Chris and
I are almost finished with the little guys nursery.  I will take pics when it is done completely.  Chris figured out how to make fitted sheets for Jacks cradle and whipped those babies out in no time...sexy man. 
We do own a table, Chris just wanted to be in the room with me.
Making the fitted sheet.
Last weekend Chris and I visited a corn maze in Provo.  It was fun and involved finding clues to catch a killer, which ended up being a bull.  The corn was only knee high in some places though.  I'm not quite sure whether to blame that on the drought or the corn maze people.  By the end of the semi-short corn maze I was limping like an old man with a peg leg.  That tends to happen these days when I walk more than a few feet. 

Chris
has been really busy with school and often comes home smelling of corpses after his Anatomy labs.  It is disgusting.  I hate dead things.  He spends much of his time poking me in random places and telling me what the name of whatever he is poking is.  I've had my mental protuberance nudged more times than I can count.  Hopefully when Jack gets here he can be the little study helper instead. 

On Su
nday we went to Chris's family annual Halloween shin-dig. It was most delightful.  We went as Snoopy and Charlie Brown.  We also carved pumpkins with his fam.  Chris gets very into this and made a fabulous haunted mansion.  I am carving challenged so I drew on mine instead.  We also visited this ladies house in his aunts ward who goes all out with decorating for holidays.  She used to decorate for both Halloween and Christmas but that took too long so now she switches off every year.  Chris said that she is like an old cat lady but instead of collecting cats, she collects decorations.  I just love seeing the inside of people's homes and analyzing their lives so this was rather enjoyable.  

Charlie Brown and Snoopy.
This is at the decoration ladies house.
Chris was being a creeper with the creep.
Chris's awesome pumpkin.
My tattooed pumpkin.  If I can't tattoo people I shall have to settle for pumpkins.

That is pretty much it in our lives right now.  Hopefully soon we will have more exciting news to share.

2 comments:

Mandi said...

i love that tat pumpkins...its very pin worthy. and I love chris the creep with the creep. and that is the largest inflatable I have ever seen. and chris sewing is adorable. and i just realized that your actual tummy is snoop, its pregger tummy cute without being creepy. and chris will love inspecting jack's lack of knee caps.

Ashley said...

oh i know that feeling all to well--overanalyzing every little cramp wondering if you're in labor. hang in there! the last few days/weeks are so long! once he's here it will all just be a distant memory. good luck with your delivery and hopefully getting the epidural ;)