A: "Are you tree????" What Jack says when he wants to listen to his favorite song. Are you coming to the Tree from the Mockingjay soundtrack. It's the first real song he has sung. And it is adorable.
B: "Bye Are You Tree" This is what Jack says when he wants me to turn off the song. Which I do and then two seconds later he wants it back on again. It's a lovely little dance we've got going.
C: "Chug-ton" One of Jack's favorite shows is Chuggington. Don't worry I have the theme song memorized.
D: Drool. Not something Jack says. It's something, he does, often. Very often. Especially when he's sick. Poor little fellow.
E: "A-mo" Elmo. I bought the Sesamee Street ABC's and 123s apps for the ipad. They are Jack's favorite things to play. He often asks for a-mo.
F: "Foo" Foot. Jack knows all about feet. He loves to scratch/pinch other peoples.
G: "Go Biddy!" Chris's Aunt and Uncle live near us in Colorado. They even let us stay in their house for a couple of weeks while we looked for a place to live. They are gems. Right ol' gems. They have a son, Bitty. Jack loves going to Bitty's hockey games and he cheers him on, "Go Biddy!"
H: "Hockeeee!" One of Jack's favorite things in the world is Hockey. Chris's Aunt and Uncle have a massive gym in their house. It is filled with every kind of ball, bats, pucks, sticks, and there is even archery equipment. This gym is heaven on earth for Jack. And his favorite is playing hockey. He always wants to use the biggest stick and he's gotten quite good at hitting the pucks. Oh, and he likes to wack the fake hockey goalie in the gut with the stick, over and over. His lovely Uncle Chris taught him this trick.
I: "I paa" I-pad. Jack loves the ipad and since he has been a sickly little child lately, he has played with it a lot. A LOT. It's amazing to me how skillfully his chubby, drool covered fingers navigate the ipad. One time I saw him playing on it with my mom. I asked my mom how she knew the password. She said she didn't, Jack had just come over with it already on. So I turned it off and handed it to Jack. He grabbed it, unlocked it, and entered the password like it was his job. I have no idea how he knew the password. He must have seen me do it a couple of times. That boy is smarter than he looks.
J: "Jooos" Jack loves juice. Sometimes I think he likes the idea of it better than the actual stuff. He'll ask for it and then take a tiny sip and be done.
K: "Ki Bawl!" Kick Ball. Jack loves all kinds of balls and he knows that a soccer ball is kicked. He yells, "Ki Bawl!" and then chases the ball around with his wee legs.
L: "Ligh off" Light Off. Jack gets his on's and off's mixed. "Ligh off" actually means "Ligh on".
M: "Mine!" One of my biggest pet peeves: when little children yell "MINE" at me. But I realized the other day that adults yell this at little kids. We taught them how.
N: "Ni-ni swee-harr." Every night I say "Goodnight" and "I love you to Jack." I always call him sweetheart when I do this. A while ago he started calling me sweetheart back. It's hard for me to explain how cute I find this. I just want to squeeze that little kid and never let go.
O: "Owz" Ours. One time I took Jack on a walk and he wanted to stop at every basketball hoop we saw and "shoot bawl". I kept telling him, "those aren't ours Jack, we can't play with them." Since then he has learned the concept of ours and not ours. If I say he can't play with something he asks, "Not Owz?"
P: "Pees" Jack has learned to say Please and it melts my heart when he says it. Especially when it wasn't prompted by Chris or I.
Another P of note is "Pa-Pa". This is what Jack calls my dad. He often says, "I wan pa-pa." And one time he kept saying, "Pa-pa hockee." He wanted to watch hockey with my dad.
Q: "Ques-shon-bal" Questionable. Jack says this when I offer him old looking fruit. Just Kidding. But, I would love that.
R: "Wocks" Rocks. On our drive to Colorado Jack was very concerned that the rocks would fall and hit out car. He kept asking, "Wocks Faw?!"
S: "Soc-er bawl" Another of his favorite balls. Jack also says, "Shoo ball". He bends his knees and then jumps while his hands make a perfect shooting flick.
T: "Ty-er" Tyler. Jack likes to know where Tyler is. He says, "Where biby Ty-er?" I don't know if this a good sign or not. Is he concerned about Tyler's whereabouts? Somehow I think his intentions are not pure (this sentence is a testament to the fact that I have been watching a lot of The Bachelor lately). On the upside, Jack has not injured Tyler for about a month now. Knock on keyboard.
U: "Up dow." One of Jack's favorite songs is "The Wheels On the Bus." And he loves the, "children on the bus go up and down, up and down...".
V: "Vacooom" Vacuum. Jack has gotten over his fear of the vacuum and now he enjoys sparring with it. He will grab the attachments and use them as a sword/lance. He then proceeds to yell, "OH! OH! OH!" at the vacuum and stab it, using his fencing shuffle that he has perfected.
W: "Wahk". Jack enjoys a good stroll. And now that I have my double stroller, this is possible. Pushing that stroller is like pushing a double-decker bus though.
X: Oh gracious, the "X". THE "X". How I have been dreading you. We don't own an xylophone...big surprise. And Jack has never had an x-ray. That he can remember anyway (he had one done during the Jack's misshaped head debacle of 2013). So there are no "X" words Jack knows. Don't worry though, I just taught him "xiophoid process".
Y: "Ye-yo" Jack has finally started to maybe recognize colors. I was convinced he was color blind for a few months. I even looked up tests on the internet and tested him. But every now and then he will randomly spout out a color. Like yesterday he picked up one of his toy trains and said, "ye-yo tray".
Z: I don't think Jack knows any "Z" words. He does enjoy a good trip to the zoo though...yep...that's all I've got.
Wednesday, February 18, 2015
The ABC's of Jack
Posted by Melani at 3:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
good post!
Post a Comment