Thursday, March 5, 2015

My Three Boys

I feel like my life right now is pretty near perfect.  Do I live in my dream house?  No.  I'm living in a vacation home with other peoples underwear in the dressers.  Am I rich?  Certainly not.  There are LOTS of things I would buy and do if I could.  Do I look perfect?  No, my pregnancy weight has a lot more staying power this time around.  I want to lose another seven pounds.  Are my kids perfect? No, right now I have a split lip from where Jack decided to claw at my face with his chainsaw like fingernails.  And Tyler has spit up on my pants multiple times today, leaving them all crusty and nasty.

BUT, I have a little baby who follows me with his eyes, anywhere I go.  Who is always seems to be waiting for me to look at him, so he can smile at me.

I have a little boy who is learning so many new things everyday.  He always says "Thank You" in his little voice, whenever I give him something.  He gives me hugs and kisses and wants me to hold him and play with him.  I am his world...and he is mine.

I have a husband who drove to the library to help me when I left my lights on and the car died.  A husband who sleeps better when I'm next to him.  Who loves to spend time with me and gets sad when I don't give him a kiss right when he gets home.

I am loved and I am loving deeper than I ever have.  I love my little family.  I love the city I'm temporarily living in.  It's magical and snowy.  I love the friends/relatives we have here who have made us feel so welcome.  

So, while my life has it's challenges, they seem minor compared to the rest of what I have.

Sometimes I wonder if I would have been happier with another life.  What if I hadn't gotten married so quick or had kids right off?  Would I be happier with more sleep and freedom.  Would I be happier living my dream of being a tattoo artist in some city (that was a real dream people).

But then I think about where I am.  My little buddy is laying with his head on my shoulder while he sings "The Wheels On the Bus" in his cute little baby voice.  I can hear my baby snoring on my other side.  I know later tonight I get to see my best friend and talk about my day and laugh with him.

So while my life might not seem very exciting or grand...it really is perfect.

6 comments:

syd-o said...

You inspire me

Mandi said...

Totally choking up. Mel, it's like you grew up right in front of my eyes. Not in a condescending way, in a you found your meaning kind of way!

Cam Scherbel said...

This is just what I needed today :)

Janet said...

I love this post! I can't believe you have 2 little boys. I feel the same way you do, my life is not perfect, but it is perfect for me and exactly what I want. I'm so happy you are so happy!!

Meagen said...

I am so happy for you!!!!!!!

RCA said...

this is amazing!