Friday, October 3, 2008

Top Ten Weekly

This week I'm going to kick it back old school. I'm going to focus on my Top Ten Disney Channel Original Movies. For those of you who grew up in the nineties you know what I'm talking about. Every month was a whole new adventure. So here they are...hopefully some of you remember these...

10. Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century: For some odd reason I really liked this crazy movie. I liked their plastic outfits, seeing their interpretation of earth in the future, and "Super Nova Girl". Quality things I look for in a movie right there.

9. The Luck of the Irish: I'm pretty sure the main reason I liked this one was that I thought the boy in it was SO attractive. It was filmed in Utah (like many such films), so I enjoyed seeing Lagoon and the Wasatch Mountains. I liked the part at the end where they sing too.

8. Horse Sense: Once again I liked this movie because I loved Joey Lawerence. He was actually good-looking though, so I feel a little more justified. I also just loved the movie too. Good story, good morals and the like. Qualities I really do look for in a movie. Ever since I've seen that movie I 've wanted to work on a ranch.

7. Rip Girls: Mandi and I saw this movie and just loved it so much. I remember after Mandi saw this movie one of her life ambitions was to own a laptop and a digital camera. You're living the dream Mandi (well sort of...that puny laptop doesn't work yet.) And she wanted to go surfing after seeing this movie. I loved the Hawaiian houses and tropical feel.

6. Stepsister From Planet Wierd: Some may ask why this movie was on the list. It has floating bubble head people for crying out loud. But it was the randomness that I loved. There were some stellar lines in that movie. "I fear the wind." I remember watching this at Aunt SandraLee's and Uncle Chris's house and just laughing our little heads off.


5. Model Behavior: One of Justin Timberlakes first and only feature films. I loved the Prince and the Pauper acpect of it all. After watching this movie I wished that Mandi and I had never met and that somehow we could have met up and switched lives, and then I could have been a huge celebrity for a week.

4. Heidi: I didn't even know this was a Disney Channel Origianl Movie until Wikipedia informed me that it was. I loved this movie!!! It was rather long but fantastic. I love when Peter says, "Hi-day". And then there was that asthmatic snobby girl. Good stuff.


3. The Little Kidnappers: Once again didn't know this was a Disney movie. I just love this movie though. The little boys in it were just so adorable. "I'm afeared Harry, I'm afeared." and "He's our baby now Harry." Mandi and Kathi still quote this and fight over who was Harry.

2. Wish Upon A Star: I watched this the other day on YouTube. It was jsut as amazing as I remembered. And yes i admit it, I do find the main guy attractive. Another movie filmed in Utah. Great acting. One of Katherine Heigl's first movies.
1. Susie Q: Wow I love this movie. It has this 50's vibe I just can't get enough of. I watched this one on YouTube the other day as well. I cried three seperate times. Crazy, I know. I just love the end. "(music) Tell her I love her..." "I love you Susie Q". That girl in it is just so cute too, I always wanted to look like her. Oh gut wrenching film!
So there you have it. Another week, another ten. GO DISNEY CHANNEL. And if i may say..."They don't make em' like they used too."

5 comments:

Jan Nut said...

haha Melani! Man I always thought those characters where so old and mature but now they look like kids. Man I am old. I think Luck of the Irish and Motocrossed were my favs.

Kristin D. said...

I loved Motocrossed too. Melani, I remember watching all of these with you. Such good memories.

Rachel said...

My fav's from your list were Heidi & Horse Sense-gotta love Joey Lawrence!

Mandi said...

oh ted! I just loved this list...I was so in love with the leprachan guy. I had no clue Heidi was an option...and what was that other random one? and the little kidnappers...'he's our baby, grandfather.' ah! good times!

Harold said...

I guess I need to rent some movies this weekend. I haven't seen a few of those. Thanks for the help. Now my family can watch some good wholesome movies this weekend. Not the usual crap I subject my family to. Thanks.