So in Releif Society we had "the chastity lesson". Once a year in singles wards this lesson is presented. Usually the bishop gives the lesson, which I enjoy, but sadly this week it was just one of the girls. Confession: I have a very hard time with Relief Society. I don't know why maybe its because our "good news minutes" always turn into "bad news minutes that are good in a way." For example, "I got attacked by a mountain lion this week...seriously...my whole face almost came off and I had to be life-flighted to the nearest hospital where upon I was given three seperate blood transfusions AND almost aquired AIDS because the blood wasn't monitered properly enough. Oh and the good news out of all that is that I was wearing really cute shoes that day."
So that was a bit of an exaggeration but you get the point. So, back to the chastity talk. Someone made a very interesting comment and I quote..."It has been scientifically proven that when a man and a woman having intercourse their souls touch." Maybe that's true...I don't know...but what I DO want to know is...how can that have been scientifically proven...I'm just sayin'.
So anyhoo...the lesson was pretty good and seriously that would be a lot of pressure to have to teach so I shouldn't judege but the funniest part of the lesson was when Janet and I were talking with some boys in our ward about it and we walked past the duck pond. And there in the duck pond were two ducks gettin' it on...aka mating. Don't worry...I bet they were married:)
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Why hello there duckies.
Posted by Melani at 9:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Melly, you have the funniest experiences.
Oh ted, that comment about souls touching probably would have made me throw up in my mouth...and then some. I rather enjoy relief society but I must say there are definenlty always people that give the giiggles.
haha oh Melsie I am so glad you made a post about this! I am still puzzled by that comment about souls touching. hah I just love that we get to enjoy relief society together!
Oh my gosh, you had me laughing off the chair with that souls touching bit. I can't believe someone actually said that in relief society!
okay, spill about the boy in the picture!
I don't like relief society either, if I'm being perfectly honest. I really don't mind missing it to go up to your family's house.
Hehe. Scientifically proven. This girl should not be at BYU.
Post a Comment