Sunday, January 4, 2009

2008

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before? Owned a car, Made more than 10 dollars an hour, skinny dipped, payed utility bills, asked a boy out, gone to school full time, taken a drawing class, gotten a pedicure, had a bathroom all to myself, gotten in a car accident, and been away from Mandi for longer than a week.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I am not even sure if I made any last year :/ But this year I want to be more faithful in my scripture study, say my prayers out loud whenever possible, live on a budget and eat healthier.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No, I'm still waiting on Mandi to start multiplying and replenishing.

4. Did anyone close to you die? some of my best friend's brother.

5. What countries did you visit? none:( Except those in Epcot Center.

6. What do you want in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Good grades, a hubby :), stronger testimony, a budget, and more dedication.

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? January 3rd, It was a year mark.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting a car, and the store trainer position.

9. What was your biggest failure? School, and spiritual strength.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Numerous colds, and crazy eye allergic reactions.

11. What was the best thing you bought? car, skinny jeans, and my ickle sheep skin.

12. Where did most of your money go? rent and Macey's.

13. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Letters!, my parents moving to Utah.

14. What song will always remind you of 2008? Nothing Better by The Postal Service, Bubbly by that Colby chic (I don't like that song...but I head it ALOT), I'm Yours by Jason Mraz, Breaking Dishes by...i don't know.

15. Thinner or fatter? Probably about the same. I still have the gut as my constant companion.

16. Richer or poorer? The first of the year poorer, now richer.

17. What do you wish you'd done more of? reading scriptures and homework.

18. What do you wish you'd done less of? sleeping, worrying, feeling self concious, and being lazy.

19. How will you be spending Christmas? ....this year? I have no earthly.

20. Did you fall in love in 2008? I already was in love.

21. What was your favorite TV program? Band of Brothers, House, Paris Hilton my new BFF, The Office, and Life.

22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I try not to hate anyone.

23. What was the best book you read? Book Of Mormon, Emma, Harry Potter 7 and Little Women.

24. What was your greatest musical discovery? Rihanna has the most annoying voice, Coldplay is amazing, and I really love ballads by male vocalists.

25. What did you want and get? a car (wow, i'm putting that answer alot), a new pair of converse, a camera, perfume, and a raise.

26. What did you want and not get? a man, and a vest.

27. What was your favorite film of this year? As far as films I saw for the first time this year...Enchanted, Ocean's 13, PS I Love You, and the Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 20 and I went out to eat to On the Border and my mums made me a fabulous cake.

29. What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Prayer, my art class and my Book of Mormon class.

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Ummm...I am getting more into indie clothing like, skinny jeans, layering, that sort of thing. But I love the American Eagle look a lot as well.

31. What kept you sane? hulu.com, prayer, and letters.

32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Brad Pitt in the Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Tom Brady, Gerard Butler and Damian Lewis.

33. What political issue stirred you the most? Prop 8

34. Who did you miss? Ben (not Mandi's), Mandi, Kayla, and Kristen.

35. Who was the best new person you met? Anna, and people at Old Mill and Carriage Cove.

36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008: Praying out loud is amazing, You have to trust yourself, Confidence is key, Reading the scriptures everyday makes all the difference and don't be afraid to be different from others.

37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: "I can't wait to see you agian." (I'm not a big Miley fan but it fits.) and "obla dee obla da...life goes on BRA! Hey yabladay life goes on."

4 comments:

Mandi said...

Hey Mel, I noticed a few themes in here...I loved the insight about praying out loud!...my favorite part was all of the amazing things you have learned..and I am fond of little sheepie as well (even when I accidently broke the cardinal rule and stepped on him with shoes...=)

Kristin D. said...

I didn't know you owned a car. Why does no one tell me these things?

Jan Nut said...

melani this was a great post! i have tried praying out loud on occasion and it is really weird but I need to try again so thanks for inspiring me. You sound so wise and mature in this post, not that you aren't in real life, I'm just saying...anyways I am done.

Anonymous said...

So uhhmmm....at least mandi thought I was a cousin. You don't even think I exist! I had a baby last year - on January 3, no less!! I still love you though!!!!