Sometimes I go and visit three of my favorite people cuz "sometimes people miss people." These people live in a desolate place called Page. Here they are...
Medium Bob:
Little Bob:
and Tiny Bob (look! He's waving):
On such trips I arm myself with the following essentials. Semi-healthy snacks. That beef jerky was potent!
Water and some Sprite for a real kick...and most importantly the NoDoze off to the side. (Without it I fall asleep after 20 minutes in the car.)
My Ipod, my phone and my traveling companion: Tablay. Pronounced Taw-blay
He's the adorable little lawn gnome with the bashful eyes.
And my other traveling companion Jack. Sometimes he stares creepily at the person in the passenger seat. He's not trying to be creepy, just friendly.
Last thing to do is to check out my face in the mirror (I do this often...don't judge) and I'm on my way.
I just love this drive for several reasons. 1. I'm alone so I can sing as loud as I want. I almost lost my voice trying to hit that high note in Phantom of the Opera. All I managed to do was summon all the dogs for miles around with my airy almost inaudible high note. 2. I'm alone so no one makes fun of my driving. 3. I'm alone so I can drive as fast as I want. 4. There are all these dodgy, interesting towns along the way. 5. The roads aren't crowded so you don't have to weave through traffic. And 6. I have six hours all to myself...
5 comments:
I cracked up several times throughout this delightful post! You're traveling companions probably did me in the most. thanks for the monkey face of yours trurly..NOT!
I want some of thost snackies too. You should come and see me.
I could picture and hear you singing Phantom of the opera :) I love you Mel! You are so fun. I enjoyed reading it
Fun times!!! You are a hot girl by the way!
SO GREAT! I'm actually in a class... and trying really hard to not laugh.
Post a Comment