Thursday, February 9, 2012

I got the chop...

Well actually my hair got the chop.  Let me start out by saying, all growing up I got called the short haired twin.  People would say this and all I would hear is..."You are the twin that looks like a boy. You ugly munchkin you."  Because of this I have worked very hard to keep my hair long and just the other day I though, "Well, Melani you're hair is looking pretty good.  Good thing you are such a sexy long haired fiend."  All of that changed my friends.

The other day Chris and I decided to take advantage of my mother's clippers and cut Chris' hair.  So a cutting I went.  Chris's (or is it Chris'...I never know) hair turned out pretty good.  So I thought, "I cut Chris's (I'm just going to do it this way, deal with it you grammar Nazis) hair, I'll have him cut my hair."

Now just to preface this, Chris has trimmed my hair before...in the shower...with the cooking shears (Sounds like the game of Clue).  We're pretty fancy.  And it turned out pretty good. So I thought no big deal.  Well after a little while of cutting I heard Chis say, "This might be a little short."  I'm thinking, "Oh he cut off two inches instead of one."  "Its fine Chris just keep going," I say.  Obviously I'm not that picky, see a fore mentioned shower incident.  

Well I look down and there on the floor are some very lengthy bits of my wet hair.  At this point I started to freak out.  "Wow that is short!"  I felt for my hair.  Usually I can reach my arm around my back and grab some...but I couldn't reach my hand up far enough to get any.  "Its really short!"  "I know, that's what I told you", Chris reminded me.

Well about an hour later and a few more shocked exclamations the deed was done.  I was pretty much over it.  I said to Chris, "Well I didn't freak out that bad. You are very lucky."  To which he replied, "Ya, you only showed everyone in the house and measured how much I cut off with a ruler." I did do that thing.

Guess what the ruler told me...6 and a half inches...that's how much of me I lost that day.  But I'm glad it was Chris and not some one else.  He's cute enough that I wasn't too upset. 

Look how pretty.  Look how nice. It was beautiful (tears).

I was going to show you a delightful picture of what my hair looks like now...but my camera has turned rouge on me and will not obey my commands. I will post one later. 

6 comments:

Kari said...

You teased us with that whole post?? No picture?! Mean. Post one soon!

I am a grammamr Nazi, and you are right in writing Chris's. Others will argue against that, but I'm ready to fight them.

Mandi said...

oh little, i cannot tell you the glee that filled my heart when i saw this post on my little blog list thing. I chuckled throughout the whole thing and my favorite part was "i did do that thing".

Ashley said...

you have to post a picture how after that great story! I would NEVER let Jamie cut my hair. He'd probably do a fine job but I'm too much of a control freak! Love your writing--you are a great (and funny!) writer.

Jacob and Rike H. said...

:) I agree! You better post that picture! I cut Jake's hair and cut a hole by his ear... yeah... not one of my glorious moments. He took it like a man. I hope to see you nrxt week at FHE

Kristin D. said...

I want to see!!!

Jan Nut said...

OH I WANNA SEE IT!! I have never seen your hair short Melani!! Don't worry, I just got the worst 80's Bon Jovi hair cut of my life. Yours HAS to be better than mine!