I'm so proud of myself. I actually attempted to hand craft one of my pins from Pinterest. It didn't turn out amaze-balls or anything but at least I tried.
Here was the original pin:
This chica made a dolman tee from one of her hubby's old t-shirt. I admit, I had I never heard of a dolman tee, but I liked the looks of it. And I had a bunch of t-shirts Chris gave me when I was preggo and none of my own clothes fit anymore. If you go to her website HERE you can see instructions and a video tutorial.
Here is the result:
A few things:
1. I had to make a pocket on mine to cover a scouting emblem that was on the shirt.
2. I think she used a bigger shirt.
3. I sewed my sides in too much. I always get a little optimistic about my waste size.
I suppose I will get better as I try doing this sort of craftiness more. But I just loved pulling out my sewing machine and experimenting.

3 comments:
that is such a perfect basic to have. and you rock that dodgy pocket
cute!!!
You did a great job! I love it! Nicely done.
Post a Comment