Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Jack at 4 Months

Jack is now officially 4 months old!  He had his 4 month appointment.  He is in the 95 percentile for height, 75 percentile for weight, and 15 percentile for head size.  So not much has changed...little man is still a giant pin-head.  He was so cute at the doctor's office.  He was just smiling at all of the nurses and doctors.  He would crank his head around and smile at them until they noticed him.  He was also smiling at the nurses right before they gave him his shots.  It soon disappeared.  I have never heard him scream that loud.  It was ear piercing.  It took him a long time to calm down.  But he finally did when I gave him food.  I didn't even know he had that much volume in him.  It makes me appreciate the restraint he shows with his normal crying.

Top 3 Likes:
1. He LOVES getting dressed and undressed.  Especially the shirt going over his face.  He just grabs on to it and giggles.  I think he thinks it's a game.
2.  When people smile at him.  If you smile at him he will smile back.  The doctor was asking how he was doing interacting with other people.  At that moment he was laughing and smiling at the other doctor in the room and she just said, "Obviously he's doing good with that."
3.  Eating.  I think this will continue to be one of his top 3 likes for a long time.

Top 3 Dislikes:
1.  Being hungry.  We've started him on baby food because he just wasn't staying full enough with formula.
2.  Not getting enough attention.  Sometimes when I leave the room he starts to cry, but as soon as I walk back in he stops.
3.  Getting the bogies suctioned out of his nose.  He has learned to grab the bulb syringe and pull it away from his face.

Top 3 Cutest Things he does:
1.  Sometimes when Chris and I are in the car, we will look back and Jack will have his head twisted around so he can look at us.  We just look over and he is smiling at us.  Chris said one time Jack was on his lap and he arched his back as far as he could so he could smile at his daddy.
2.  He has started talking to himself and making all of these adorable noises.
3.  When you go into his room when he wakes up he looks up and smiles and giggles.  This can be a little annoying when I go to put his pacifier back in and he won't stop smiling and his pacifier won't stay in when he smiling that big.

Top 3 Least Cute Things he Does:
1.  Randomly starts screaming when he realizes he is hungry.
2.  Cries when being put into his car seat.
3.  Spits Up.

Top 3 Things People Say About Him:
1.  People comment on how big he is.
2.  How happy he is.
3.  And how much he eats.

Onto the photo shoot:

The many faces of Jack.
So happy his tongue sticks out.

"Oh Hey!"

Wide eyed.


With his friend Albert.




Big Cheeks.


So a couple of weeks ago at church I might have drawn eyes and a nose over Jack's belly button.  His belly button looked like a little frowny face.  The little girl sitting next to us asked her mom for a marker so she could draw on her stomach too.  Oops.

Chris later put lips on the face with a red marker.  And this was after he reprimanded me for being irreverent in church.

I like this picture of Little Man.  Notice the drool dribbling down his chin.

The other day, I came downstairs and saw Chris and Jack looking at each other like this.

I've just loved being a mother.  He is just so easy to love.  He is so happy and cute.  I feel like this is the best time of my life so far.

2 comments:

Mandi said...

I've decided he looks like you with Chris's/kaylee's eyes. I've been noticing that kid's usually juts get cuter with age so he's going to be ridiculous in a year or so, and then most likely awkward around 9 or 11 while his teeth are too big for his face, and then he'll be back to studly. I have it all mapped out. Also I love that he is so smiley.

Jacob and Rike H. said...

What an absolutely adorable little boy!!!!
I knew you'd love being a mom and I knew you'd be great at it. What a cutie. I still haven't met him,.... YEs, that's what happens.... I become so unsocial when I'm pregnant...