Friday, April 12, 2013

Jack at 5 Months

Little Jack O' is now 5 months old.  Five and half if we're getting technical about it.  But we're not.  

Onto Jack's top 3's. 

Top 3 Likes:
1.  Being "ROARED" at.  I realized the other day that I have never played Peek-a-Boo with Jack.  The person I told this to was shocked.  Chris and I just growl at our child instead.
2.  Getting raspberries.  Is that what it is called when you blow on their tummy?  Well he likes that thing.  I've done this for a while but he used to just stare at me like I was crazy.  He's finally gotten into the spirit of the thing.
3.  When he gets picked up out of his bed in the morning and after naps.  He always seems so thrilled that he wasn't forgotten.  

Top 3 Dislikes:
1.  Being in his car seat.  He has learned how to arch his back so he can get out.
2.  Being hungry.  The worst is when he sees the bottle being made.  It taunts his very being.
3.  Getting his boagies picked out of his nose.  It is a necessary evil.  He flails his head back and forth to try and get away from the nose pickers (that would be my pinkie fingernail.  I keep it long for this very purpose.  I promise I'm not a crack addict.) 

Top 3 Cutest Things He Does:
1. Giggles.
2. He has taken to talking to himself.  Quite loudly too.  Sometimes I have to turn the subtitles on when I'm watching TV, just so I can hear over his symphony.  Still cute though.
3.  He gives me kisses.  He opens his mouth, leans in and smacks them on me.  It's a very slobbery ordeal, but so cute.  Sometimes he kisses me without even being asked to.

Top 3 Least Cute Things He Does:
1.  He drools like a rabid pit bull. 
2.  He gets mad if I don't stand him up.  He used to want to sit up and not lay down.  Now he wants to stand up and not sit down.
3.  I'm still not a fan big fan of his hair pulling thing.

Here are his early 6 month stats:
Head size: 16.9 inches or 47th percentile.  As always they had to measure his head twice because they thought it was too small.  The first time they measured it he was in the 18th percentile.  I wonder if the nurse fudged the numbers the second time around?
Weight: 17.2 pounds or 56th percentile.
Height: 27.5 inches or 95th percentile. 

We went to the doctor's today to see about Jack's head.  It is very long and thin.  And small.  We are worried he might have a fused sagittal suture.  So the bones in your skull aren't supposed to fully fuse until a child is a couple of years old, so that there is room for a baby's brain to grow.  When it fuses early it can cause blindness, brain damage and other crazy things.  To prevent this a surgery is performed where the skin is pulled off the scalp and the bones are sawed into pieces and then put back on the brain.  Jack get's an ultrasound on Monday to find out if this is the case.  

Or...Little Man could just have a funky shaped head.  In which case, he will become a helmet child.  I never wanted a helmet child, but I have been told it is worth it for boys.  They won't have enough hair to cover up their lumpy noggins.  Either way....changes are a comin'.

And now for pictures:

Jack and his daddy.


 Jack being a crazed driver.  Chris thinks he looks like a chauffeur with his little bow-tie.  A very enthusiastic chauffeur.

 Jack and his La-La.

Jack contemplating the weeds.

His typical pug face.

He can be found doing this quite often.  Trying to eat his hands.

And playing with his feet.

We just love our little man so much.  There is a Winnie the Pooh quote which describes my feelings perfectly..."Sometimes the smallest things, take up the most room in your heart."

3 comments:

Kathi said...

contemplating the weeds is prob one of my favs of him.

Jacob and Rike H. said...

What a cutie!!! Hope the head shape thing turns out ok. I'm sure it will! I still haven't met the little guy!!!...

Mandi said...

I love that quote...he is adorable...that bowtie taunts me...i love that picture of him and chris...please get him to say "la la" so we can all go to disneyland