Friday, December 7, 2012

Hospital Pics

 Here I am after we found out that we were going to be staying and having a baby.  

Chris took it upon himself to update this board.  Notice my preferred name is Ulga.  He asked me to say the craziest German name I could think of.  I would like to think the under normal circumstances I could have mustered up something better than Ulga.  Actually I am trying right now...and I got nothin'.  

   
One of the very first pictures of the little.  (I spared you the nasty caked-in-the-grossness-that-is-birth photos.  You're Welcome.)

 My reaction to holding him for the first time.  I know I look cray-cray-banana's, but I did just shove an eight and a half pounder out my unders. 


Chris holding Jack for the first time.

 Our first family photo.  Chris looks like a 14-year-old and I look befitting of the name Ulga.

 When they swaddled him, his legs were scrunched up to his body like a frog, so he ended up looking like a cute little midget.  Or bowling ball with a head, as Mandi would say.

 Mommy and son. 

 I detested the little hat they made him wear.  I though he looked like a little dwarf headed off for a day of work in the mines.  So when it was "mommy time", I always snuck that bad boy off. Here I was trying to show how ridiculous they make a person look.  Clearly I rock this better than a baby could.

 Jack getting all ready to leave the hospital. 

  Chris loaded down with all of our things.  Flowers, purse, stuff we brought and the things we managed to swipe from the hospital room. (We didn't take anything we weren't allowed to take...I think.)  And this is Chris's "yes, yes, yes" pose because we finally got to take the Brevis home.

3 comments:

Mandi said...

does that hat have pom poms on it. Man, they are upping their game in utah county. Also I love that stiped puffy snow outfit so much. I want one. And "befitting of Ulga" was my favorite line.

Jacob and Rike H. said...

Considering that you managed to come up with a German name I have never heard before, I think you did pretty well. After all Chris wanted the craziest, right :) I love the "beitting of Ulga". I was afraid I woke my baby wake up when I laughed.... Don't you just love that little man more than you ever thaught possible? You are the cutest family! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Janet said...

I LOVE these pictures, almost made me cry. I can't believe you are a mommy! I love the pic of you and Jack laying in the bed.