Friday, December 7, 2012

One Month

Jack turned one month old on December 2nd.  Here are some of the Top Three's about the little guy.

Top 3 things people say when they see him:
1. "Look at all of that blonde hair."
2. "He's so big."  I love when they add, "You are so tiny, how did you have such a big baby?"  I think people are just referring to my height, but hey, I'll take it.
3. "His hands and feet are huge."

Top 3 cutest things he does:
1. He makes these high pitched squeals when he is in distress.  A lot of the time Chris and I just start laughing when we hear these.  He's so cute we forget to be worried that he is crying.  Like yesterday when he was getting circumcised, (this happened a little late in his life, I know) he did the cutest little squeal and both Chris and I started laughing.  The doctor informed us that his crying wasn't funny.  It's was just the little squeals he makes in between cries that are cute.
2.  I love it when he scrunches up his forehead and looks around.  It reminds me of a little pug.
3.  He smiles and laughs in his sleep.  That has to be the cutest thing he's done so far in his short little life.

Top 3 least cute things he does:
1. Poops on his parents.
2. Cries when his pacifier falls out.  They need to invent a better way for those things to stay in. 
3.  He has started to pull on my hair.

Top 3 Dislikes:
1. Getting his diaper changed.
2. Getting circumcised. (that should be a given)
3. Three way tie between, pacifier falling out, being hungry and getting put in his car seat.

Top 3 Likes:
1. Driving in the car.
2. Being in the shower. (We have family showers.  It's more normal than it sounds.)
3. Getting his back patted.  
 
Top 3 things people give me weird looks or comments for:
1. Not breastfeeding.
2. Bottle feeding
3. Formula.
  
Top 3 ailments we've had to contend with:
1. Baby Acne 
2. Gas/Constipation.
3. Dry skin.

Overall he is such a good baby.  He sleeps really well at night.  He usually only wakes up once in an 8 hour period, so in between feedings I get enough sleep.  We just love him so much.  We love watching him grow.  He is just the cutest thing to usWe love him so much. 

And here are some pictures:
This is his gangsta photo.
We copied Mandi and are using Albert as a guide to show how big Jack has gotten.   


Her he looks like Winston Churchill.  This is his authoritative dictator look.






2 comments:

Mandi said...

I loved this idea of the three things. I love how the one that you get most negative comments for were all the same things, just said different. Also, that winston churchill picture is amazing. And I love his big mouth with the pouty lip, cutest thing ever.

Jacob and Rike H. said...

I think I am going to have to race Mandi for the first comment.... :) I always feel dumb saying the exact same thing...

He is so adorable!!!! I'm sure you are wonderful parents! Don't worry about what other people think (coming from one who does nurse :). Can't wait to snuggle the little guy!!!