I'm going to turn the sands of time back a wee tad...to Chris and I's anniver-si-ary.
We celebrated our anniversary a couple of weeks before little J was born. (I wanted to be like those cool bloggers who don't put their child's full name.) It was our Baby-moon, if you will. And what a splendid little baby-moon it was. We scooted our booties on up to Park City and stayed in this marvelous hotel that is part of the lifts/lodge for Park City Ski area.
Our room was fancy-schmancy. And more importantly, it was clean. There are few things I despise more than a dirty hotel room. Since these rooms were individually owned, it was sort of a gamble as to what we were going to get. But it was well furnished and included a family room and kitchen. There was also a...wait for it...murphy bed (silent scream!) The murphy bed was actually quite nice and we didn't get snapped shut in it like I feared we would. And other than a reference in the room's guest book about a murdering father, it was quite a nice room.
We spent our time waddling around Park City, taking a ride on the ski lift, going out to eat, carving pumpkins and swimming in the pool. The ski lift was perhaps my favorite part. It was great to just sit together and look at the scenery. Sometimes on those things I fear I will fall to my death, or I wonder what would happen if you were on one of those lifts when an earthquake struck (I don't know why but the phrase that comes to mind is...swinging dingle-berry). None of that happened however, and we had a lovely time. One random stranger passing the other direction even snapped our picture. Oh, and while we waited in line we witnessed quite the scene. A large lady on the zip line, skidded to halt about 10 feet before the platform. Her swinging legs didn't help and neither did the ropes they tried to throw. It took about 10 minutes before they finally figured out a way to pull her safely home. It was a little sad, but mostly hilarious.
Don't I look adorable in this child's hat?
This is Chris's, "I can't believe this little scoop of gelato cost me $4.25," expression.
At the top of the ski lift.
Ditto.
Chris came up with a creative way to get his pattern to stick to his pumpkin.
Melani, Chris and Jack's pumpkin.
Chris made me breakfast-in-murphy-bed. We had orange juice, eggs, bacon, and Great Harvest cinnamon french toast. I look very enthused, I know.
Complete with a one year anniversary candle.
It was a delightful trip and a great way to spend our last little alone time together. I just love my Chris so much and have loved the time I've been married to him. It has been the best year of my life. And I bet each year will just get better and better.
2 comments:
Awesome post. Awesome Pictures and looks like you had an awesome time.
zutalo...I ave missed vone! I think that gelato looks like a little poop, but I'm sure it didn't taste like it. I love how you are a couple that does a cool get away for their anniversary, I hope you keep it up.
Post a Comment