Little Jack-o-lantern (as Mandi calls him, and it's quite catching) is now two months old. Here are some more Top 3's about the little Brevis.
Top Three Cutest Things He Does:
1. He has started to smile! For reals and not just in his sleep. His smile is so big and he scrunches up his little nose...adorbs. (Don't hate on me for using the word "adorbs").
2. He has started talking to himself and making these cute little gurgling sounds.
3. Sometimes he breaths really hard for a few seconds and then he either sneezes three times or just does this dramatic sigh. Both are so cute. I never knew sneezes could melt my heart so.
Top Three Least Cute Things He Does:
1. Spits Up.
2. Scratches his face with his hands because he still lacks arm control.
3. He's started to cry and get fussy at night. I've heard about this and I guess it's normal. Something about sensory overload during the day. He sleeps most of the day so I'm not sure what to think about that. And it's not like when he is awake we are having neon, strobe light raves in the family room...or are we?
Top 3 Ailments:
1. His little man bits got infected after he was circumcised. That was no fun as one might imagine.
2. He is developing flat head...on the sides of his head. We have been trying to get him to lay on the back of his head more because I don't want to have to deal with the dreaded baby helmet.
3. Stuffy nose. It is especially clogged in the mornings. We feel like we have a little pug dog a lot of the time. Which is fine with me...I've always wanted one and Chris doesn't, so I guess this is my way of sneaking one in.
Top 3 things we lucked out with, with this baby:
1. We feed him at about 10:30-11:00pm and then swaddle him, sing him a few songs, read him a story, say a prayer and put him to bed. Then he sleeps until about 7 in the morning. Whereupon I feed him and he sleeps for about another 4 hours. I told this to Chris's Aunt. She told me that I shouldn't think we were doing anything awesome as parents, some kids are just easier than other ones. And someday, we will get a child that doesn't sleep through the night and then we'll realize we didn't do anything special. I'm not going to lie, I was feeling quite awesome about our parenting abilities...not anymore. Not anymore.
2. Other than being a little fussy at night...He really doesn't cry that much.
3. He eats like a starved hippo. We never need to worry about him being too skinny. He is about as long and weighs about as much as a bunch of other kids older than him. This is good and bad. People always expect him to be able to hold his head up all the way and do cool tricks because he is so big. They forget how young he really is. He just seems like this giant luggish baby. An adorable giant luggish baby.
Here follows about a million pictures of Jack. If you want, you can peace out now. I never understood why people would put up so many pictures of their babies. I felt like they all looked the same and were bor-ing. But now I'm doing the same thing. Each picture is so different and cute to me. What have I become?!
I guess that's not as many as I thought. I've showed restraint. Anywho, I just love my little man and miss him whenever he's not with me. Sometimes I just love him so much it hurts my heart...is that a thing? It is now. Chris and I still just look at him and are so amazed at how much we love him.
1 comments:
I say! that thing has gotten so cute..and I even think his cheeks are thinning out, or perhaps, like you, he has found his best angles. I love your three things idea. he is the cutest little hairless pug dog ever.
Post a Comment