This was the post I was going to write yesterday...before it morphed into The Sappiest Post Ever. Let's give this post another try shall we?
Let's just jump right into Jack's Top 3's.
Top 3 Cutest Things he does:
1. He rolls around the floor like a tumbleweed. So I saw this once in a movie...someone is standing in a room and then the lights go out. When the lights turn back on, the person is 10 feet closer to the camera. Then the lights turn out again and when they come back on the person is right next to the camera. This is how I feel about Jack these days. I'll set him down in the middle of the room. When I look over he's on the other side of the room. I have no idea how he got there...he just sort of apparates (HP reference...and if you don't know what HP stands for, you wouldn't have gotten the reference in the first place). It is most disconcerting. But when I am looking, it is very adorable to see him flip-flop all over the place.
2. He has started to blow raspberries when he is bored.
3. His smiles and babbles still warm my heart.
Top 3 Least Cute Thing he does:
1. He has taken to peeing through his diaper quite often. This may have something to do with the fact that sometimes I forget to change it...oops.
2. Throws little fits when we start to swaddle him and he realizes it's bedtime.
3. Grabs at and knocks over things I didn't even realize could be knocked over.
Top 3 Likes:
1. Ice cream. I gave him a taste at Costco the other day and he LOVED it. He grabbed the spoon and cried till I gave him more. I'm not a hundred percent certain when it is okay to start giving your child dairy products...but...he seems to have handled it fine. PAUSE. So peeps...I just looked up when it is okay to give babies dairy and everything I read said that breast milk is much better for babies than cows milk and has more nutrients. Seeings as he's never had breast milk...I'm calling it good.
2. Getting attention and being talked to. He lights up when people smile and interact with him.
3. Rolling around the house.
Top 3 Dislikes:
1. While he does love rolling around the house...he dislikes when he gets caught. Sometimes he forgets how to roll a certain direction and he gets stuck against walls. He just buries his head in the ground and cries out in desperation. It's actually quite adorable.
2. The car seat. He did pretty well driving out to California. But ever since then when you start to unbuckle him from the car seat he pops his hips and tries to get out as fast as he can. I think he wants to be let out before we change our minds. I never knew one so young could do such a stellar hip thrust.
3. As mentioned above...he doesn't like being put to bed.
Top 3 Biggest developments.
1. Rolling.
2. He has gotten 2 bottom teeth and we think 2 more are coming in on the bottom. The top ones are being a little shy.
3. He has started trying to scoot.
Top 3 Physical Ailments:
1. So after my post where I obsessed over Jacks head...turns out his sutures aren't fused and we won't even have a helmet child. Praise be! Cue the hallelujah chorus. On a down note, I received some very bad news. When we were are the craniofacial doctor, the doctor had Chris and I both tip our heads forward. Then he said in his Indian accent, "His head is shaped like yours." He meant me...my head. So it turns out that while I was freaking out over my child's deformed head...I was sporting one of my very own. Mandi does always call me a Pear Head. Whenever she draws me, she always draws my head like a pear...complete with stem. She's even threatened to get a pumpkin stem and affix it to the top of my head. That should have been my first clue. So I guess Jack is perfectly healthy...other than the emotional trauma he shall surely acquire from his evil Aunt Mandi.
2. He had an ear infection. That was nasty! He was not a happy baby at all. It peaked the day we were packing up our apartment. That was a stressful day.
3. Dry skin...also inherited from me. Let's hope and pray he doesn't inherit my athletic ability as well. If he does, we are going to have a little wimpy nerd on our hands.
Onto the pictures!
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Jack at 6 Months
He fell asleep eating.
Chris put his toys in a big circle in the family room. Jack rolled to each one and played with it in turn.
Jack has spent a large portion of his life doing little crunches. He wants to sit up so badly. He tries so hard his little hands just shake from the effort.
Look at those lashes! He didn't get those from me.
Look at that cute little nugget on the carpet!
Eating his hands, like always.
He often has this crooked expression on his face. If you look very close, you can see his little teeth poking out.
That is all! And as Kathi would say...Good day to ye.
Posted by Melani at 2:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I got a cameo!? Oh this is my best day!!!! Mel, this stinker is so adorable!!! I want to just scoop him up and squeeze him!! I love that he's rolling...uh video!!!! Please!
Cute! Cute! ..every inch of him! He'll be all grown up when you get back to Utah.
Post a Comment