That's how this Cambodian (or was she Filipino?) lady, at the doughnut shop in Kansas, said Christmas. Without any s's. You should try singing "O Christmas Tree" like that. "Oh Chrit-ma tree, Oh Chrit-ma tree!" It's quite enjoyable.
Anywho...Here are a medley of photos from Christmas Time.
Little man and his dad. Look at how blue Chris's eyes are. I always think that if he had darker eyelashes people would constantly be commenting on his blue eyes. Sometimes you just don't notice as much with his light brown ones. You can definitely tell where Little Man gets his eye color from. Not me... I have weird yellow, blue, green numbers.
And here's the Little Man himself. These little pug faces he makes always crack me up. He looks like he's about to start barking.
This is a picture from when we went ice skating. Mandi and I were Blaik's official hand holders and Chris was...whatever that is. Figure skater extraordinaire? Ice skating gimp? Rose from Titanic ("Look Jack, I'm flying")? Either way, this is one of my favorite photos of Chris. Also, watching Blaik ice skate might have been one of the cutest things I've ever seen. His little feet were so zippy.
Each family was supposed to bring an ornament for my parent's Christmas tree. I decided to make an ornament every year and whipped up this number. Don't worry they are just monkey footie pjs.
Complete with a monkey on the butt. I made this quite obviously because of Jack being born this year.
"All of the stockings were hung by the chimney with care." Or in this case, closet. Oh what's that? One stocking is 3 times as large as the others? Yes indeed, that would be Chris's. He informed me I had to fill the whole thing up. I told him that I was just going to shove Jack in the top of it. Oh and my stocking is that little Mickey one peeking over the top of Chris's. And Jack's is on the bottom right. I spent many an hour making that stocking for Jack. It's amazing I got it done in time. A Chrit-ma miracle.
This was our gift to Chris's dad. He just loves J-Dawgs and this was the perfect gift. Or so we tell ourselves. The problem with the perfect gift is that you can never top it. Chris discovered this and has been giving his mom a box of hand warmers for about five years now. Maybe we'll have to do the same thing with this gift.
Little Man and I are getting ready to go to the Riverwoods to visit Santa. I just LOVE the way he looks in his little baby carrier. Like a little Ewok. And I have discovered this is the best way to hug a baby. You don't have to worry about holding them up, you just squeeze.
Here are Kathi and wee Blaik at the Riverwoods.
Don't worry, it;s just the twins. Mandi looks like Gromit in this photo. (from Wallace and Gromit.)
See:
It's uncanny.
At the Grizzlies Hockey game. It was so fun to have Kristin and Jared there.
Ben was very focused on the game.
Blaik wasn't. He just kept sliding on this little ledge. I guess they shouldn't make that ledge the perfect height for 2-year-olds if they don't want them on there. I wanted so badly for one of the players or coaches to turn around and see Blaik sliding away. But, like Ben, they were focused on the game.
Family photo. Little Man has now been to 3 Hockey games. Not bad for such a little guy. Although, he doesn't look so little in this picture. Chunky little guy.
And here he is with his La-La. (Chris's mom.) I think Jack get's more love from her than just about anyone. When Chris's parents are in town we automatically move his bed into their room and basically forget we even have a child.
A giant flask at Pottery Barn. I'd like to see those DIYers make a knock-off of this bad boy.
Jack in his little Christmas pj's. I just love the little bum on these.
And I also just love this picture of Chris and the little guy.
Wakey smile.
Sleepy smile.
And these last two pictures are of what Mandi and I do when we go shopping together.
This Chewbacca may be one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
Well there you have it. Some snippets of our Chrit-ma.

3 comments:
Oh, I love all of the pictures! It makes me miss you a lot! It would be so fun to see you sometime! Your family is so adorable!
i laughed so many times... mostly the diying the flask comment and how when kaylee's around you basically forget you have a child...or any needs I might add. I loved seeing all of these chrit-ma picrures and I love how bloggy you are now. it's a delight.
alright.. his wakey smile.... ALL YOU!
Post a Comment