Thursday, February 7, 2013

Jack at 3 Months

Jack is now 3 months old.  He is changing so much and really starting to have more of a personality.  He's gotten more happy, fun and also a little bit more sassy.  He has started to laugh and make these cute little cooing noises.  Sometimes I am just flabbergasted by how cute he is.  I've decided he is the cutest baby to me but realistically he is probably really not the cutest baby.  Does that make sense? 

Anyway on to the top three's...

Top 3 Things People Say about Him:
1. "How old is he?"   Me: "3 months."  Them: surprised looks.  Everyone thinks he is about 6 months old.  He's a biggun'.  
2.  "His hands are so big."
3.  "Look at those fat cheeks."  He does have chipmunk cheeks.  My favorite comments about his cheeks thus far are, "How does his face hold up his cheeks?"  And, "His fat cheeks are hiding his face."  

Top 3 Cutest Things he does:
1.  Makes little cooing noises and little giggles.
2.  I still love his little sighs.  They're just like, "well I guess this is my lot in life."
3.  When I look over and he is smiling at me.  And how he has started to follow my voice.

Top 3 Least Cute Things He Does:
1.  Cries and throws little baby fits.  Usually this means he is tired and wants to be cuddled.
2.  Spits out his pacifier in the car and then cries.  And then we have to contort our bodies to reach back, find the pacifier and put it back in.  Multiple times per car ride.
3.  He still pulls on my hair sometimes.  I imagine this will only get worse.

Top 3 Dislikes:
1. Being swaddled.  But if we don't, he flails his arms and wakes himself up.
2. Being hungry.
3. Me picking at him (his ears, dry head, toe jam etc.).  I want him to get used to it though, because picking at things is one of my greatest joys in this life, so I just continue...and he doesn't care as much these days. 

Top 3 Likes:
1. Being talked to.
2. Being snuggled.
3. Eating.

Top 3 Ailments:
1. He was starting to get flat head on the sides of his head.  But now he sleeps with a head rest thing that keeps his head up.  And his head is getting much more shapely.  
2. Dry skin.  Poor guy inherited it from me.
3. Rashes on his tummy and boy bits.

Overall he such a good baby.  He sleeps through the night and a lot of the day.  I still get my 10 hours of sleep...I know, that's a lot.  But I sort of need a lot of sleep to function.  At least I tell myself this.  

Currently we are trying to balance out how much to feed him.  He could eat like 9 ounces if we let him.  But if he eats too much he spits up a lot.  I never really know exactly what to do.

That is true of many things in motherhood. I feel like I'm just winging everything.  People always ask me questions about him like, "Oh he like to sit up, doesn't he?" or "Oh he like to eat, huh?" or "Don't babies like such and such?" and "Is this normal for a baby."  And I always just say, "I guess so." or "I don't know."  Because I have no idea what most babies are like.  Everything he does I assume is just normal.  He is my only point of reference.  I really have no idea what I'm doing.  All I know is that I do my best, and I just love the little guy more than just about anything. 

Here follows a million photos of the cutie.

This picture cracks me up.  Cute little red-faced tomato.

 I think he has my nose and cheeks, or pear shaped head (thank you Mandi), and Chris's eyes.

Don't you just want to scoop him up?


This is a little outfit Chris wore as a baby.  I guess that makes it vintage.  And I guess that makes him all sorts of "in".

 Looks at those cute little man-boobs.  Or moobs.  

I love his smiles!



His obligatory photo with Albert.

This face is what I like to call creepy-cute.

Look at that wee tongue! 

Well there is our little man.  Chris and I just love our little Brevis. 

3 comments:

Meagen said...

LOVE THIS POST!

Kathi said...

Yes indeed I do want to just scoop him up. Always. He is so darn cute!

Mandi said...

his big mouth in that first pic is perfect. his eyes are so blue I can't see them changing. he is addddooorrabbblllee.