About a month ago Chris and I went on a great adventure. We went snow shoeing. For us, this is quite the adventure. We dropped Little Man off at his Aunt SandraLee's house...I guess that would be his Great Aunt SandraLee. Wowzer! That sounds awfully old for someone in their 40's.
Anyway, we rented shoes from BYU and off we went.
Don't worry, we had to stop every 20 feet because my lungs felt like they were on FIRE! I think I have a disorder of the lungs. Every time I do something strenuous I feel like I'm breathing in hot razor blades. And I start to wheeze...like that wheezy little penguin from Toy Story (who's name is if fact Wheezy). I like to think I have exercise induced asthma...it's a thing, check webmd. But I probably just have the disease known as, Outofshapeitis.
It was such a beautiful day. Look at how clear that sky is. De--lightful.
My artzy shots:
Chris and I have been on a peanut kick these days. So we stopped for a peanut break. I wrote the "I love you" in the snow and Chris used the peanut shells to return the favor.
We only have one pair of sunglasses, so Chris sported these guys. Take note of how we coordinate with the lime green and all.
At one point I just tipped right on over. I timberered.
On our way back, we took the scenic root through the woods with all of these little streams. It was much more fun than tromping up a mountain. And we happened upon this fort/beaver dam...if the beaver's were the size of ROUS's. It looked like someone had camped here at one point and built a fire. We even found a Spiritual First Aid Kit partially buried in the snow. You know you're in Utah when you happen upon a random churchy object lesson...in the middle of the woods.
Here we are outside of the giant dam thing.
We had a lovely time. I just want to go on more adventures!
P to the S: I posted some pictures I drew of my sister's kids over at my art blog. HERE.
2 comments:
despite the fact that I seethe of jealousy every time I see these pictures I love to see you in the outdoors. it just feels right.
I want to do that!!! I need to find some snow!!
Post a Comment